Moving to Belgium

As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!


    We value your privacy

    In an international move, the excitement of moving to a newer place is overpowered by the stress of all the necessary formalities that one has to undergo. It is a very big responsibility on the shoulders of both the mover and the moving company until the move is successfully carried. We at Movage International , understand this responsibility and are fully prepared to take it with the promise to make your move hassle-free.

    With all other things, there are a few things that must be kept in mind. The most important thing above all, are the documents that are needed to import the item into a country. Here is a small list of necessary documents for a few items that will help you to make the process easier while Moving to Belgium.

    Documents for the Shipment of Household Goods:

    Copy of the passport is mandatory with the signature and photograph

    • Certificate of Residence
    • Letter of Employment
    • Original Bill of Lading or the Air Waybill
    • It will also require a detailed list of inventory or the items that are to be imported
    • The diplomats can also have the certificate for free entry.

    Note: The certificate of residence should be issued by the local town hall of Belgium. The letter of employment from the origin country should contain the beginning and ending date of employment with the commencement of the date of employment in Belgium. It should also mention that the owner of this inventory has been employed outside EU for a period of at least 12 months.

    Motor Vehicles:

    There are not much formalities for the import of motor vehicles but still the documents that are necessary are:

    Original registration card of the vehicle,

    • One copy of the invoice for the purchase of the vehicle
    • Insurance certificate of the vehicle
    • All documents for HHG must also be provided for the shipment of the vehicles to Belgium.

    Note: The purchase invoice should also specify that the vehicle has been in the possession of the owner for at least 6 months. The insurance certificate should also cover for the insurance for at least 6 months since the departure of vehicle.

    Restricted/ Dutiable Items:

    While there are duty free items, there are some items which are restricted over a limit. Here is a small list of those items to quickly go through them:


    • Untreated wood
    • Food items
    • For the import of Ivory, the permission from CITES is required before the import.
    • Alcohol, tobacco and tobacco products are also on the list.

    When it comes to the items prohibited from the import, these include illegal drugs and firearms.

    This was just the initial preparation before you plan your move to Belgium. We would inform you for other significant details to keep in mind before the move, (if any). So, choose Movage International as your moving company and be free of any tensions regarding the move.

    Note:Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.