Moving to Denmark
As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!
GET A FREE QUOTE
Looking for a reliable moving company to make your Move to Denmark? Look no far beyond Movage International, your efficient and technologically advanced company to get you whatever you want. With us by your side, you can relax and be confident that your move is going to be a pleasant and a smoother one too.
While moving internationally, there are some important things to notice as there are many different laws that govern a country and the people therein. Similarly the laws for the people coming into the country differ from one country to the another. Here we bring to you the list of documents that need to be accompanied for different products before importing them to Denmark. Make sure you tick the points in the checklist before your move.
- Don’t forget to take the passport with you. It is a mandatory thing.
- One should have the list of all the items in English
- The Air Waybill or the Bill of Lading as the case may be
- One also has to mention the detailed inventory in case there is alcohol with the inventory
Note: The persons who will take residence in Denmark and have the household items that are being owned and used for a minimum of 6 months will be imported duty-free. The goods must be imported within an year of the arrival of the owner of goods in Denmark and must be registered with the Danish Authorities as a resident prior to the custom clearance.
- Original registration certificate or card of the vehicle
- Original bill of lading of the vehicle and the insurance card of the vehicle are a must
Note: The vehicles could be imported duty-free if the possession is with the owner of the goods and have been registered abroad for at least 6 months. Within 14 days the vehicle must be presented for registration with the authorities by the owner of the vehicle. The registration tax for the vehicles in Denmark is very high and mandatory.
The entry of pets from most countries is duty free with just the necessary documents to be presented. The documents required are the Rabies Vaccination Record and the Veterinary Health Certificate. The identification of the animal will be verified against the documents prior to the entry in Denmark. There is no need of Quarantine for the healthy animals.
- Live plants are not allowed without the prior license from the Danish Governmental Plant Protection Service
- Animal parts whether alive or dead
- Authorization is needed to import narcotics and drugs
- Any quantities of wine, spirit or tobacco in the household items must be declared. The alcohol percentage, number of bottles, and even brand must be declared.
- Weapons and explosives
- Animal parts (whether alive or dead)
- Pornographic material
Note: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.