Moving to England

As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!


    We value your privacy

    The fascinating history and beautiful architecture of England have always been a reason to attract most of the people. In fact, they want to spend their whole life in this beautiful place. In order to relocate here, all you need is to approach a reliable company.

    Well, Movage International is one of the most noted companies known for offering the best moving services. Our foremost aim is to make all our clients satisfied. We have a passionate team who are always ready to serve the best on your table. And, to make your shifting process smoother, you need to have some information about the documentation of goods/animals given below.

    Household Goods and Personal Effects

     Documents Required  

    • Legible copy of passport
    • Copy of bill of lading (BL) or air waybill (AWB)
    • C426 with cover letter from the respective embassy
    • Detailed inventory in English, dated and signed by the owner of the belongings
    • Transfer of Residence
    • Copy of bill of lading (BL) or air waybill (AWB)

    The owners of the goods must go online in order to apply for a Transfer of Residence (ToR). An approval will allow the owner to import their personal as well as household effects goods into England with relief from import duties and charges.

    Additionally, the application must be made before packing shipment. And, the documents must be received by the agent before the arrival of the shipment.

    Motor Vehicles

     Documents Required

    • Form C104A
    • Original bill of lading or air way bill
    • Declaration form C384 (if it is less than 6 months old)
    • Copy of registration documents proving ownership
    • Insurance policy documentation
    • Utility bills/bank statements that prove place of residence was outside the
    • European Union (EU) and exceeded 12 months

    Duty-free entry is permitted if the vehicle has been possessed and used for at least 6 months outside the EU before it is imported. It will not be sold or otherwise disposed of for 12 months right after the date of importation. The owners of the goods register their intention in order to import a vehicle in advance to start the process of shipping with the DVLA.


     Documents Required

    • Form C5
    • Import license
    • Vaccination record
    • Veterinary health certificate

    The animals must comply with the Pets Travel Scheme. Yes, they must be licensed by the Animal Health Department. In fact, they must be fitted with a microchip. Dogs must receive a tapeworm treatment within 105 days of arrival.

    Pets that do not qualify to enter the United Kingdom under the Non-Commercial Movement of Pet Animals are required to obtain an import license before import.

    Restricted/Dutiable Items

    • Animal food products
    • Cigarettes (200), tobacco (250g), cigarillos (100), cigars (50),
    • Firearms, ammunition, and explosives
    • Fruit, plant products, and vegetable
    • Live animals
    • Radio transmitters
    • Rough diamonds

     Prohibited Items

    • Stun guns
    • Knives
    • Illicit drugs
    • Self-defense sprays
    • Indecent and obscene material
    • Counterfeit, pirated and patent-infringing goods

    NOTE:  Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.