Moving to Finland

As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!


    We value your privacy

    No matter whether you are going to relocate to the next street or out of your country, you usually get easily worried in either case. This is because you have to take out some time from your hectic schedule. Apart from this, it might be hard for you to pack, unpack and install on your own. Therefore, hiring a reliable and reputed company would be a wise decision for you.

    Movage International is a well-recognized company noted for offering the best shifting services to all their customers. The quick and quality work is what makes us number one choice among all. We are responsible not only for relocating, but also packing, unpacking as well as installation.

    Yes, you need not to worried about the damage of your stuff as we have a team of experienced and skilled professionals. They use quality packaging materials while packing your things. Besides this, they also utilize the best moving techniques. And, this ensures the safety of all your precious belongings be it crockery set or handlooms. The most lucrative part is that you need not burn a hole in your pocket as we offer the best of our services at the unbeatable charges. It means you can get all your stuff shifted to the actual destination in Finland or nearby places that too at the charge you can afford.

    However, we have created a list of the documents that you must read out. It will definitely help you make your relocation process quite easier as well as time-saving!

    Household Goods / Personal Effects

     Documents Required 

    • Copy of passport
    • Import declaration (Customs form 45) in English, Finnish or Swedish
    • Detailed inventory in English, Finnish or Swedish (must include exact number & description of each item)

    Shipments that originates outside of the European Union (EU), household goods as well as personal effects can be imported free of duty only if:

    1. The goods have been used by the owner of the goods or their family abroad for at least 6 months.
    2. The owner has lived in a primary residence abroad for at least 12 months.
    3. The owner of the goods must have a primary residence in Finland to start the Customs clearance process.

    Motor Vehicles

    Documents Required 

    • OBL (Original Bill of Lading)
    • Certification of title or registration

    The owner of the goods has stayed abroad continuously for at least 12 months immediately prior to moving to Finland. As a rule, VAT is not collected in Finland on vehicles.


    Documents Required

    • Vaccination record
    • Veterinary health certificate

    Pets without vaccination record will be returned to the port of origin. Additionally, they may be imported duty-free with proof of ownership.

    Restricted/Dutiable Items

    • Alcoholic products, narcotics, and tobacco
    • Firearms & ammunition
    • Live animals & animal products
    • Plants
    • Art, antiques, and precious metal objects

    Prohibited Items

    • Narcotics or illegal drugs of any kind
    • Pornography or subversive material
    • Explosives, ammunition, and weapons such as knives, swords, & fireworks

    NOTE:  Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.