Moving to Korea
As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!
GET A FREE QUOTE
Relocation is undoubtedly a daunting task, whether you are thinking of shifting your home or business. It requires your precious time as well as valuable effort. Despite this, you have a fear of damaging all your belongings. To make your shifting smooth, all you need is to approach an experienced relocation company.
Nevertheless, Movage International is a renowned moving company known for offering the best of their services to all their venerated clients. We mainly focus on making your relocation process easier and time-saving without costing you much.
The great thing is that we have a team of professionals who are always ready to satisfy all our clients. We use superior quality carton and tape for better packaging to avoid any damage. In addition to this, we use the latest moving techniques which help you get all your things shifted to the new location with extreme care.
In order to make your moving convenient, we have made a list of documents that you can go through. It will really assist you the best!
Household Goods & Personal Effects
- Copy of passport (photo, entry stamp and long-term visa pages)
- Detailed inventory or packing list (in English)
- Copy of bill of lading/sea waybill or air waybill
- Alien registration card (from Korean Immigration Office)
- Certificate of entry as well as exit (returning citizens & accompanying family members only)
- Application for duty exemption issued under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea
- Power of attorney
The passport copy should be of the owner as well as the accompanying family members. Belongings must arrive at the port of entry (POE) / airport of entry (AOE) in Korea within 6 months of owner’s arrival. Additionally, clearance must take place at a Customs bonded warehouse. Personal effects can’t be Customs cleared before the owner of the goods’ arrival.
- Copy purchase receipt/invoice
- Detailed inventory
- Original title
- Original registration certificate
- Insurance policy documents
- Customs duty exemption showing chassis number, frame number, engine number, model, & type
Vehicle must be listed on the inventory with complete technical specifications (model, chassis number, & plate number). Apart from this, the insurance policy should be issued in Korea before removing the car from the Customs bonded warehouse. In order to register and drive in this place, the vehicle must pass the following Government tests:
- Emission gas level test
- Noise and vibration test
- Type and model approval
- Proof of identification
- Valid health certificate
- Vaccination record (must include vaccination of rabies)
Animals will be quarantined upon arrival to Korea. Presently, there is a 10-day quarantine needed. Animals should be vaccinated at least 30 days prior to import.
Restricted / Dutiable Items
- Alcohol (1 L)
- Cigarettes (200), tobacco (250 g), cigars (50)
- Perfume (2 oz.)
- Personal items (gifts, new items, etc. up to $400)
- Counterfeit goods / materials
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic material
- Subversive & treasonous materials
NOTE: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.