Moving to Singapore
As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!
GET A FREE QUOTE
Singapore is surely one of the best places in the world that you can choose to live in. To relocate to this wonderful country which is well-known for its lively spirit, cleanliness and an unmatched standard of living is an amazing choice. And, as it is known that the laws are quite strict in this place, violating them while you relocate can make you face severe consequences. Thus, the team of Movage International is here to your rescue. Having years of industry experience in this work, our team knows how to make your moving a hassle-free experience. And, be assured that all the process will be in strict adherence to the country’s law.
One of the crucial tasks that need to be dealt in the most efficient way is the process of documentation. For this, it is important that you have complete knowledge about the certificates required for paperwork, the items that are allowed as well as restricted or prohibited an much more.
We, understand that for this you will a professional assistance! Therefore, for your convenience we have listed below the list of documents that will be needed for the purpose of shipment and other relevant information:
Documents required for Household Goods
- Copy of your passport along with the page of personal information and photograph.
- Bill of lading or the air waybill (original)
- Green card or the employment pass issued to the owner of the goods.
- Tax relief form for goods and services.
- Declaration form for Supplementary Customs, liquor and wine
The goods to be shipped should not only be in the owner’s possession, but also be used for a minimum of three months. And, the shipment (goods) must arrive Singapore within 6 months from the arrival of the owner.
Documents required for Motor Vehicles
- Commercial invoice (original)
- Insurance paper
- Certificate of vehicle registration
- Permit for Customs in-payment and Inward declaration
- Payment receipt received for Customs duty
- Letter issued by the manufacturer to confirm the manufacturing date.
Here, it is important for you to know that vehicles with left-hand drive are strictly prohibited. And, also those which are older than three years will not be allowed to import.
Documents required for Pets
- An import license obtained from the Veterinary Authority of Singapore and Agri-Food.
- If applicable, Reservation for quarantine is important before proceeding with the import formalities.
Here, is the list of items which are likely to face customs duty.
- Motor vehicles
- Tobacco products
- Petroleum products
- Intoxicating liquors
Prohibited Items as per the legal framework of Singapore that cannot be imported:-
- Cigarettes and Liquors on which “Singapore Duty Not Paid” has been marked.
- Chewing gum and tobacco
- Smokeless cigarettes and cigars
- Dissolvable nicotine and tobacco
- Weapons, ammunition (any kind) and gun
- Prerecorded cartridges
- Pharmaceuticals, Medicines and poisons
Prior to moving, our team will certainly coordinate with you to ascertain that all the documents are arranged properly to meet the standards for uninterrupted relocation.
NOTE: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.