Moving to Spain
As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!
GET A FREE QUOTE
Spain is one of those countries which attracts countless foreigners on an annual basis. And, most of them are obviously for the purpose of relocation! The climate, cost of living, the ambiance and work opportunity are a few good reasons why people are moving to this European country! However, the process to settle down in this country is not an easy task. There are numerous formalities and documentation required to get your belongings imported. And, for this purpose, there is no need to look beyond Movage International. Our team is well-equipped and experienced to complete this task without any hassle.
Prior availing international relocation services, we believe that there are a few things about which you must have appropriate information. And, documents that will be needed is an essential option which should not be overlooked here. Besides this, you must also be aware the goods that are admissible in Spain or rather which are restricted. This will allow you to make the required preparation for a smoother moving from any other country into Spain.
For your convenience, we have listed below the documents needed for shipment of various goods as well as the items that are prohibited or restricted.
Documents required for Household Goods
- Original Passport
- Detailed inventory (needs to be valued as well as signed in Spanish)
- Spanish work permit/ resident card
- Bill of lading or the air waybill (original)
- An application form concerning to duty-free importation
It is important for you to know that goods are likely to get duty-free under certain circumstances if they are owned and used for a minimum period of six months. And, also if the shipment enters Spain within 12 months from the owner’s arrival.
Documents required for Motor Vehicles
- Purchase invoice of your vehicle (original)
- Documents of the car like certificate of registration, insurance, etc. (original)
- The vehicle must be designed/configured to fit the EU standards.
As per the present regulatory framework, only those vehicles which have been used for more than 6 months are permitted to import.
Documents required for Pets
- International health certificate
- Vaccination record
Any pet that will be imported will have to go through an examination conducted by a customs veterinarian. For dogs, you must consult with the agent to know about the city specific requirement.
- Fur Coats (likely to go through Customs examination)
- Spirits beyond 22% (10 L), spirits below 22% (20 L), Wine (90 L but not more than 60 L), beer (110 L)
- Cigarettes (800), cigars (200), smoking tobacco (1 kg), cigarillos (400 or 3 g each) are the quantities which are likely to be investigated by the customs
- Person who is 18 years of age or above, can import the below listed item in the indicated quantity:-
- smoking tobacco (250 g), cigarillos (100)
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50)
- Alcohol and Liquor
- Protected species
- Ammunition and Firearms
NOTE: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.