Moving to Sweden

As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!


    We value your privacy

    Sweden is a country located on the Scandinavian Peninsula in northern Europe. It’s true that the beauty of this place attracts countless visitors. In addition to this, here you can get a better education as well as a career opportunity. This is why most of the people want to settle down in this wonderful country.

    But, relocating from one country to another is not as easy as you might think. You have to accomplish all the formalities. For this, you should have proper knowledge of documentation with regard to the same. Well, you need not bother about this as Movage International will fully support you. We have skilled and experienced staff who will assist you from start to finish. In fact, they will get all your belongings moved to this place with utmost safety.

    Below is the list of documents needed for shipment of all your goods:

    Documents Required Household Goods and Personal Effects

    • Passport
    • Bill of lading (WBL) / air waybill (AWB)
    • Swedish Customs form
    • Detailed inventory in Swedish or English
    • Diplomatic franchise
    • Letter of employment/lease agreement
    • Residence permit (non – citizens)

    The letter of employment or lease agreement must show employment or time abroad for at least 12 months from origin country. And, it also must show employment as well as residence in Sweden for at least 12 months.

    The detailed inventory must be descriptive, stating contents of each good and carton. For the returning citizens, the consignment must arrive in connection with their own return.

    Additionally, the owner of the belongings must be registered in Sweden upon Customs clearance but is not needed to be present during the clearance process. The household goods, as well as personal effects, must not be brought into Sweden for commercial use or for the use of other persons. A Customs exemption is granted for belongings other than alcohol, for persons immigrating or returning to Sweden after more than 12 months outside the European Union (EU).

    Documents Required Motor Vehicles

    • Proof of insurance
    • Original sales invoice
    • Title or registration
    • Original bill of lading

    The proof that insurance has been paid for the last 12 months. The original sales invoice must include price, date, and place of purchase. Furthermore, the vehicle must be used and owned by the owner of the belongings for at least 12 months prior to import.

    Documents Required Pets

    • Veterinary health certificate
    • Vaccination record

    For this, permission from the Agriculture Department is needed. All the animals are subject to quarantine regulations. In this shifting process, the owner must be present for Customs clearance.

    Restricted/Dutiable Items

    • Medicine is allowed with a doctor’s prescription and must be for personal use only.
    • New furniture is permitted if a sales invoice with date, prices, and place of purchase.
    • Fruit, plants, and vegetables require a plant passport or phytosanitary certificate issued under the Plant Protection Service.

    Prohibited Items

    • Narcotics and illegal drugs


    NOTE:  Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.