Moving to UK

As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!


    We value your privacy

    Undeniably, the UK is one of the most powerful countries in the world both economically and politically. And, if you wish to relocate in this country which not only has a fascinating history, but also filled with amazing architecture, then hiring industry experts can be great. And, be assured that on approaching the professionals of Movage International you can make a swift and uninterrupted relocation. We know what it takes to complete the entire process while Moving to UK. You can count on us with the safe shipment of your product to this country.

    As a matter of fact, relocating is not an easy task. From packing of products/goods to its successful shipment, there are a number of things involved in this process which needs to be duly fulfilled in adherence to the country law. And, we understand that it might not be possible for you to be aware of everything regarding the same. For this, we have prepared a list of documents that are mandatory, if you wish to get your goods imported in the UK. Apart from this, we have also listed the items that will likely be dutiable or those that have been prohibited in this country.

    Documents required for Household Goods

    • Copy of passport (should be legible)
    • Detailed inventory dated as well as signed by the owner (in English)
    • Transfer of Residence
    • Air waybill or bill of lading (copy)

    Transfer of Residence can be applied online and you also need to make sure that all the required documents must reach the agent before the arrival of your shipment.

    Documents required for Motor Vehicles

    • Original air waybill or bill of lading.
    • Form C104A
    • If the vehicles isn’t 6 months old, then you need to submit a Declaration form-C384
    • Documents of ownership and copy of vehicle registration.
    • Insurance policy (from the country of origin)
    • Bank Statements/Utility bills

    Duty-free entry is allowed if the vehicle has been owned and used for a minimum of 6 months outside the EU (European Union)

    Documents required for Pets

    • Import license
    • Vaccination record
    • Form C5
    • Veterinary health certificate


    You must note that Pets should be licensed by the Animal Health department and comply with the PETS (Pets Travel Scheme)

    Dutiable/Restricted Items

    • Radio transmitters
    • Firearms, ammunition and explosives
    • Offensive weapons
    • Rough diamonds
    • Live animals
    • Animal food products
    • Endangered animals/plants/ products thereof
    • Fruit, plant products and vegetable

    Prohibited Items

    • Knives
    • Illicit drugs
    • Stun guns
    • Self-defense sprays
    • Obscene and Indecent material
    • Milk products (from outside EU)
    • Counterfeit or pirated goods

    Referring to this list, you can for sure make the basic preparation required for a successful relocation. Rest, you can be assured that when you choose us, you will not have to bother about the safety of your belongings as we use the best material and techniques.

    NOTE:  Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This document is provided as a guide and for information only. While Movage has exercised reasonable care in publishing this document, Movage makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.