3 things your movers must know
As one of the finest moving companies NYC, we provide you with a seamless relocation experience!
GET A FREE QUOTE
Relocating people is all about responsibility. Movers bear a lot of it on their shoulders. They are the people that are liable for items being transported. Furthermore, they are solely responsible for the successful completion of a move. And moving, while happening often, is far from a simple affair. Millions of Americans relocate each year, but it is often the case that people don’t take movers seriously enough, making this difficult process even more complicated. Therefore, in order to help out both movers and their future clients, we have made a very on-point and shortlist of three things your movers must know before bringing about a successful relocation.
1. Things your movers must know for safety
It is always safety first when it comes to heavy relocations like those done by furniture or piano movers NJ. However, unfortunately, it is not unheard of that there are injuries while doing seemingly straight-forward packing and loading. With items that are small are light. That is because there are also dangers from a lack of accessibility.
Accessibility to one’s apartment is, of course, something your movers will also look into on their own. They will figure out the usage of parking. They will also look at the stairs if elevators are not in operation. Furthermore, they will examine windows, ceilings, door frames, etc. Any and all entrances to the house. Not to mention the crew which will plan out the route for the truck. Finally, all of this will be done for the new place too, especially if they are the ones who are to do the unpacking.
However, there are things that they cannot check before the move. Mainly, they have to know that nothing dangerous is left unchecked in the house. Loose or naked cables, un-secured draws in cabinets, etc. Things that they can’t really see when house visiting. These are the responsibility of the client (you) therefore they will want to know that it is all set.
Furthermore, you will find that you can measure some of those things for yourself. Even if they do a remeasure, this definitely helps the movers plan out the move and will also create some appreciation for a client that takes their job with seriousness it requires.
2. All the details necessary for a moving quote
Ok, now that we got the bare essential for security out of the way, there is a thing that movers need to know in other to make an accurate estimate. Those are the information needed in order to present you with the moving quote. Some of them can and will check for themselves, but your cooperation is still more than welcome.
If you are not sure what kind of information they will want to know, we made this list. These are three aspects of the move, three factors that go into the formula of the moving price.
- Distance. First off, we have the distance that you will need to traverse. You should tell this info to the movers at the very moment you start your communication with the moving company as that will definitely be among things your movers must know. This is because the distance will help categorize the move into one of two categories. Eather it is a long-distance or a local move. If the distance would take more than 4 hours to cross, or the location is more than the certain miles away from your starting point (varies from case to case), your move will be a long-distance one. In that case, the biggest determinators of the price will be the weight and distance. If the move is local, the biggest determinators are the price of work and the time needed to complete it.
- Weight of the items. Depending on the total weight that will be loaded into their trucks depend on their fuel consumption. Therefore they will want to know how many items you are moving to their climate controlled storage NJ.
- Price of work. Differing from state to state, this is the info you will not be needing to give. That one is completely their realm.
3. Any special services that you want or need
Finally, the third among things your movers must know is any kind of additional services you will need. There is nothing worse for movers than been expected to do the additional service on the go, without any preparation. Things like having to pack and move electronics or relocate a piano. They require special skills and crew members – additional resources.
This means that the overs absolutely need to be aware of any special service you are going to find yourself in need of. Furthermore, being clear about what services are provided will also be beneficial to you.
Bonus – the necessity of clear communication
And speaking of two-way communication and transparency, that is definitely one way to make a simple interstate move. Talking to your movers is a necessity in order to make a relocation successful. Only by informing each other of what is going on with the plan will you be able to achieve the best, most straightforward of moving experiences possible.
Things your movers must know… and those you need to know about them
One thing that is not to be forgotten that, the same as there are things your movers must know, there are also things that you need to know. Mainly, that you are entrusting your move in the company that is actually worth your trust. The best way to do that is to check out their reviews on various platforms such as Yelp and see what their previous clients have to say.
In conclusion, you will find that there are 3 main things your movers must know. Accessibility, moving estimation variables, and additional services that you will need. Give those three openly and in a timely manner and you will find that the move will go just fine!